The Mazu Family and Courage For Youth are joining forces to empower and equip parents as they navigate the world of parenting in the digital age. Come together with Kelowna community leaders, tech experts, educators and parents as you watch the award winning documentary, Screenagers.
The film will be followed by a Q&A panel MC’d by Gary Brucker, Program Director of Courage For Youth, who will lead a discussion amongst a panel of educators, counsellors and parents. The panel will include:
- Janice Taylor, Founder & CEO of Mazu, Social for Families
- Leanne Basran, Chief Ambassador for the ‘Love A Million’ campaign for children’s online safety
- Debra Walker, Founder & Executive Director of Courage For Youth
- Barbara Egan, Owner & Counsellor of Alive Counselling
- Additional panel members to be announced
An audience question and answer period will be included as a part of the panel. Help create further awareness and share resources that will empower parents to feel confident in areas of online safety and children’s digital citizenship.
This event is a part of the “Love A Million” campaign, a nation wide campaign to keep children safe online and use the power of social for good.